Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe that I've perfected over the years! My guys prefer this hands down to "plain old" pancakes. Make a thinner batter and it makes great waffles (-- 5 in my iron). Can be made vegan by: For Eggs:4 T. Ground Flax seed + 2 T water ; Using Soy milk (plain or vanilla) instead of milk
- 2 1⁄3 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup pumpkin pie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses (optional, but highly recommended)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Blend well. Allow batter to rest for 5 to 10 minutes, while griddle is heating.
- Pour in 4 to 5" circles. Turn when edges are slightly dry and bubbles have stopped forming.
- Serve with butter and warm maple syrup.
- For an even tastier dish, use real maple syrup and/or add chopped & toasted pecans to batter.