Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
An excellent Fall breakfast or brunch treat.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
Hot Cider Syrup
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooked pumpkin or 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
- For pancakes: combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, pumpkin, and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Cook until second side is golden.
- Serve with syrup.
Your pancake recipe is very tasty. The pancakes were moderately light in texture and had a delicious spiced flavor. The syrup really makes this a heavenly tasting dish. I am going to make these again for our Thanksgiving breakfast. Very greatful you posted this. Thank-you.
Ooooooooooooo, I have been waiting for a perfect cold Fall morning to make these, and today was the day! They are so delicious! My family went nuts and said this is one of their favorite breakfasts now!! I thank you so much for posting this! Only thing I did different was to double the recipe for both pancakes and cider syrup and it's a good thing I did! (I know my family well! lol) Thanks, Nurse Di!! May use a dollop of whip cream on top next time, but awesome without as well!! You have to try this recipe people!! :-)
DS and I loved these. I made lots of extras to put in freezer for his breakfast on school days. He even likes them w/o butter and syrup. DH doesn't like pumpkin in anything except pie so it was more for DS and me!!! Didn't change a thing in the pancakes, but we used maple syrup.