Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A different spin on the traditional pumpkin pie, from Sunset magazine.
Make and share this Pumpkin-Orange Mascarpone Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml finely crushed gingersnap crumbs (about 32 gingersnaps)
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 113.39 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 226.79 g mascarpone cheese
- 158.51 ml plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree
- 9.85 ml orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 7.39 ml freshly grated orange zest
- 4.92 ml freshly grated lemon zest
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml freshly ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 118.29 ml creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a 10-in. pie pan, stir together gingersnap crumbs with melted butter and press into a crust. Bake until set, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Increase heat to 350°. Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, and 2/3 cup sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each egg. Add pumpkin, 1 teaspoons orange liqueur, citrus zests, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour filling into crust and bake until edges are firm but center still jiggles a bit, 45 to 50 minutes (bake any extra filling in ramekins). Cool to room temperature, then chill at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, beat cream, creme fraiche, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons orange liqueur in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Serve pie with orange whipped cream.