Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
You really need to have these for Thanksgiving treats!!!
Make and share this Pumpkin Orange Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in med bowl.
- In lg bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg, pumpkin, orange juice and peel, beat until combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded TBS onto lightly sprayed baking skeets.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes, until light brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Glaze: Mix all ingredients in med bowl until smooth.
- Spread each cookie with glaze.
Loved the texture...more like mini cakes, very soft, great flavor. My kid was clueless it was full of pumpkin as well.
We enjoyed these easy & tasty pumpkin cookies. They have a mild pumpkin flavor with a cakelike texture. The orange glaze is the perfect topping.