Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A different but very healthy and tasty chili. I use a Hokkaido pumpkin (Red Kuri Squash), which is the most common here in Denmark. *Note* if you are using Marmite, then do not add salt before tasting...
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, grated
- 1 yellow bell pepper, grated
- 3⁄4 lb veggie crumbles (mince meat substitution)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce (passata)
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons marmite (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except beans, in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer for about 30 minute (stirring occasionally).
- Taste, add more spices if you like.
- Add beans. Simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!