Recipe by AmyZoe
Who knew you could substitute sweet potato in place of pumpkin? These are very moist and delicious. Personally, I could skip the chocolate chips and eat them without. Thank you thefrugalgirl.com for your terrific recipe and substitution ideas. I must confess, I left out the milk entirely by mistake and I didn't notice. They are moist and delicious without the milk.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 ounces pumpkin puree (mashed, without butter, salt, or milk) or 16 ounces sweet potatoes (mashed, without butter, salt, or milk)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (use less if you only have a partial bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil, and milk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.