1/1 Photo of Pumpkin (Or Squash) Pancakes
A nice way to start Thanksgiving Morning with these moist and spicy pancake! You can use can or your own roasted and pureed pumpkin, butternut, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, or your favorite squash. Try topping with Amaretto Pecan Syrup Apple Pancakes with Amaretto Pecan Syrup or and Pecan Honey Butter Pecan Honey Butter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.59 ml ginger
- 0.59 ml allspice
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar or 59.14 ml molasses
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml light olive oil
- 78.07 ml chopped dried cranberries or 78.07 ml mini chocolate chip
- 78.07 ml chopped roasted hazelnuts (or nuts of choice)
- 1In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In another bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- 4Add pumpkin or squash puree, brown sugar or molasses, buttermilk and olive oil.
- 5Mix until smooth.
- 6Blend in the dry ingredients all at once.
- 7Mix until batter is smooth.
- 8Allow batter to rest for 30 minutes or more.
- 9Stir cranberries and nuts into batter, and if batter is to thick thin with additional tablespoon of buttermilk.
- 10To make pancakes, spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter onto a lightly greased preheated griddle or heavy skillet.
- 11Cook slowly until bubbles appear on top and bottom is golden brown.
- 12Lift edge to check.
- 13Turn and cook until other side is golden brown.
- 14Continue making pancakes until all batter is used.
- 15Makes about 24, 3-inch pancakes.
- 16Garnish with cinnamon & powdered sugar, maple syrup or your favorite pancake syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin (Or Squash) Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 506.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g