Recipe by evelyn/athens
The pumpkin in this dish becomes almost molten. Barely held together by the flour it's been dredged in. Simply delicious!
Top Review by JustJanS
I picked this recipe in dare!, and had it chosen, cooked, eaten and reviewed in 3 hours. That's because it's a simple recipe made with common (for our house) ingredients, but the taste was fantastic. I had 1kg of pumpkin which looked about half the 8 cups Evelyn asked for. It was a very generous serve for 4 people along with roasted potatoes, steamed veg and a roast shoulder of pork. We eat a lot of roasted pumpkin, but this recipe made it special.
- 1892.72 ml pumpkin or 1892.72 ml butternut squash, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2.46 ml crumbled dried basil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 78.07 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Dredge pumpkin or butternut squash in a bag with flour, crumbled basil, salt and pepper; shake off excess.
- Put in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan and garlic; add more pepper to taste and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.