Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A flavourful light muffin that tastes like pumpkin pie.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line muffin tins with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, beaten eggs, milk and oil and whisk until combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the dry mixture, and stir gently just until combined (do not over beat).
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter into 14 muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until cooked in the centre.
- Let cook in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.