Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very healthy and vegan breakfast
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup rice milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- Blend the oats in a blender or food processor, until they are tiny crumbs.
- In a big bowl, mix first 9 ingredients.
- In a measuring container mix the last 3 ingredients.
- Stir the wet mix into the dry mix until moistened.
- Fill muffin tin and bake at 400F for 25 minutes. It is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- This recipe makes 6 big muffins.
Delicious!! I added vegan chocolate chips for an extra treat! I also found this recipe made 12-13 good sized muffins
These are pretty good. The first thing I will say is they make about 12 muffins, not 6. I doubled the recipe thinking I would get 12 muffins but ended up with 24! Also, we found them to be in need of a little extra sugar. Next time I will add some regular sugar along with the brown sugar. Still, a good vegan muffin recipe! Thanks!