Recipe by Marz
These prizewinning muffins, created by Best Pumpkin Recipe Contest Winner Victoria Meacham of Albany, Ore. This was published in Quick and Simple Magazine. Makes a nice yummy moist muffin. The recipe says to add 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup of walnuts, but if you want you can reduce the amount and just add 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup walnuts.
Top Review by carter_crazy
Delicious muffins! I tried to make them a little healthier by using only 1/2 cup sugar and 1/3 cup fat free vanilla yogurt instead of the oil. I also added an additional 1/2 tsp of cinnamon for added flavour. I would definitely make these muffins again!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup solid-pack canned pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl; then stir in oats, brown sugar, walnuts, and raisins.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, oil, milk and pumpkin, blending well.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients until just moist. Fill muffin tins with batter and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until tops spring back when lightly touched.