Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are scrumptious and vegan-though you would never know! I sometimes add chocolate chips to the batter for a little extra soul...
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, mixed with 4 tablespoons water (egg substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- Combine oats and soymilk and let stand for 5 minutes (until the oats have absorbed most of the liquid).
- Blend in the pumpkin, flax meal, oil and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add the flour mix to the pumpkin mix and stir until combined.
- Add any mix-ins (1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out nearly clean.
these were yummy. i didnt make em vegan i used an egg and regular milk and less oil. but they were very tasty and healthy i also addes a few raisons and walnuts.