Recipe by brokenburner
I had to get rid of some canned pumpkin, and I combined a few recipes to come up with this one! It's wonderful straight out of the oven. I used Quaker Organic for the oatmeal, and half all-purpose, half whole-wheat for the flour. I also used 8th Continent soymilk.
Top Review by JESMom
Pretty good, a little bland. These would be better if a little pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg or something else was added for flavor. I just needed to use up a cup of pumpkin, and this was exactly what I needed. Thanks!
- 2 (28 g) packets instant plain oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Lightly beat the egg white in the mixing bowl of a Kitchen Aid (or similar) mixer.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and milk.
- Pour into an 8-inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for half an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.