I had to get rid of some canned pumpkin, and I combined a few recipes to come up with this one! It's wonderful straight out of the oven. I used Quaker Organic for the oatmeal, and half all-purpose, half whole-wheat for the flour. I also used 8th Continent soymilk.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Lightly beat the egg white in the mixing bowl of a Kitchen Aid (or similar) mixer.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and milk.
- Pour into an 8-inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for half an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.