Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Put this here for safe keeping. I love pumpkin anything.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda into medium bowl.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add pumpkin; beat at low speed until blended.
- Beat in flour mixture just until blended. Add oats; mix well. Stir in cranberries, if desired.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool cookies on cookie sheets 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I made these cookies today and brought them to work. The girls loved them and I just brought home an empty container. A few notes that I made: my bake time was 15 minutes each cookie sheet (I do them one at a time on my stoneware sheet) and my batch yielded 3 1/2 dozen (I use a cookie scoop). I love using the parchment paper - makes cleanup a breeze! Thanks for posting this wonderful, go to cookie recipe.
Delicious! These cookies were so tasty and easy to make. A great mommy/daughter project. We would have gotten more cookies from the recipe but we could not stop eating the dough!
very yummy.i have a daughter who is a picky eater and she loved them.thanks for a great cookie recipe.