Recipe by Miss_Elaine
This is a variation of a cake recipe that I found on the insdie wrapper of canned pumpkin. We enjoy oatmeal in all forms, so I find ways to add it to my baking for that richer "whole grain" taste.
Top Review by Porgy Tirebiter
I loved being able to use a cake instead of making a pie crust and filling and refrigerating overnight this Christmas. To make Vegan I used 2 T finely ground flax in 6 T hot water and ! ripe mashed banana for the other 2 eggs. I also used 1/4 t Sweetleaf Organic Stevia Extract in the shaker bottle (no Inulin) instead of sugar. It came out fantastic. My wife and I also topped some with Turtle Trails (Soy Delicious) Vegan Ice Cream. A fantastic cake. Thanks for the recipe!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground finely in food processor
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, oil, and vanilla until frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients, and beat with electric mixer until smooth consistency, or until well blended.
- Pour into 13 x 9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minute or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting when cool.