Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has just enough pumpkin and spice flavor to keep it interesting, while the oats make it a hearty breakfast treat.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Lightly spray a 9" cake pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I liked this recipe, but didn't love it. It's just missing something like maybe more spice. DH and I think some cinnamon might help. Also the pumpkin flavor is very mild, but the texture of the cake is wonderful. I like 'heartier' type cakes myself.