Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A more "autumnal" spin on a recipe I found for pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies. This is a huge hit and the colors are really pretty too.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butterscotch chips
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a separate, large mixing bowl.
- Stir in creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin.
- Fold in chips.
- Drop by Tbsp onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.