Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious, healthful pumpkin bread that embodies everything Fall!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, fresh if possible
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease the bottoms of 2 loaf pans (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, except the sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, combine sugar and all of the wet ingredients. Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture. Stir to combine, but don't over mix.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until a test pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes on cooling rack. Then, remove from pans and cool completely -- if it lasts that long!
I had to hold myself back from adding a handful of dried cranberries to this bread, but I did & left them out, mostly because I was also wanting to see how the bread would turn out as given! Well, it turned out just fine & I thoroughly enjoyed the combo of the pumpkin & the oats! And one of these days I'll make this recipe just for the 2 of us! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]