Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup unbleached flour, Sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin, Canned, Mashed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1 large egg, Slightly Beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- crumb topping
- Sift together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combint pumpkin, brown sugar, egg, milk, oil, oats and raisins in bowl; blend well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once, stirring just enough to moisten.
- Spoon batter into grease 3-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake in 400 degree F. oven 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with homemade jelly or jam.
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- Combine 1/2 c brown sugar (packed), 1 T unbleached flour, 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice and 2 T butter or regular margarine in bowl.
- Mix until crumbly.
Very tasty. I made a batch for breakfast tomorrow morning and now I will have to make more as the girls and their friends gobbled them up. I didnt get that astringent taste you can sometimes get with pumpkin/spices and the topping really took this up a notch.
These were tasty and fairly healthy. I used half whole wheat flour and half white. They were plenty sweet for me. I halved the crumble topping and it was enough for us, but if you like lots of crumbles, use the full amount. I think I'll be making these again. My two-year-old likes them, too.
Very good and healthy. Not sweet enough for me so I just drizzled maple syrup on top of it.