Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posting for safe keeping. From the Weight Watchers site. A perfect fall snack. Generous piece of cake, topped with a crunchy walnut and an underlying hint of caramel flavor! 3 Points
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups pumpkin, canned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 24 pieces walnut halves
- Prehead oven to 350°F Coat a 10 x 15 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Using electric mixer, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and pumpkin; beat well. Add salt, pumpkin pie spice, flour, oats and baking soda; mix thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and place walnut halves on top so there will be 1 walnut in the center of each piece of cake. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool in pan and cut into 24 pieces.
- Note: Batter is very thick. You will need to spread it.
Thanks to Pic A Chef I picked this recipe to try.
To start there was no measurment for the butter. I took a guess and used 1/2 cup.
This was nice and moist.
The flavor could use more of a punch. The next time I would increase the pumkpin and spice in ours.