Recipe by GaylaJ
This is my favorite pumpkin bread. There is obviously no shortage of pumpkin bread recipes here, as I had to look through a lot of pages to check for a duplicate before posting, but I love the addition of oats in this one. I clipped the recipe from a magazine several years ago and don't have the source, but think it may have been from Libby's.
Top Review by Goofy Ruth
I made this last year, and forgot to rate... but it is the best pumpkin bread I've ever had! It is moist and has an excellent flavor to it. I didn't have pumpkin pie spice on hand, so just added my own mix of cinnamon, nutmeg etc. Everyone that has had this bread has just raved about it. Thank you for a great recipe!
- 768.91 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml quick oats or 177.44 ml old fashioned oats
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml pumpkin pie spice (I usually use more)
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 eggs
- 425.24 g can solid pack pumpkin
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 354.88 ml packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts or 236.59 ml pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, sugars, milk, and oil in large mixer bowl on medium speed until combined.
- Beat flour mixture into pumpkin mixture on low speed just until blended; stir in nuts.
- Spoon into 2 greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- NOTE: For mini loaves, prepare as directed and pour batter into 6 greased 5 5/8 x 3 1/4 mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.