Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is my favorite pumpkin bread. There is obviously no shortage of pumpkin bread recipes here, as I had to look through a lot of pages to check for a duplicate before posting, but I love the addition of oats in this one. I clipped the recipe from a magazine several years ago and don't have the source, but think it may have been from Libby's.
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats or 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I usually use more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, sugars, milk, and oil in large mixer bowl on medium speed until combined.
- Beat flour mixture into pumpkin mixture on low speed just until blended; stir in nuts.
- Spoon into 2 greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- NOTE: For mini loaves, prepare as directed and pour batter into 6 greased 5 5/8 x 3 1/4 mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.