Recipe by Mysterygirl
This was on one of those recipe cards that you get in the mail from time to time. We love the taste of the pumpkin and bran - even DD and she isn't a bran eater!
Top Review by GloriaAnn
These were good. I did forget the all purpose flour, because I forgot to write it down (my printer don't work). However I still enjoyed them very much! VERY MUCH! I added 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp vanilla, as well as some raisins and chopped pecans. They were very nice. I am going to save one for my breakfast tomorrow.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unprocessed oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin, , cooked
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine pumpkin and next three ingredients; stir well.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling ¾ full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately; serve warm or at room temperature.
- Banana Oat Bran Muffins: Substitute ¾ cup mashed ripe banana for pumpkin.
- Apple-Oat Bran Muffins: Substitute 1/2 cup minced apple for pumpkin.
- Substitute apple pie spice for pumpkin pie spice.
- Add 1 Tsp ground cinnamon to dry ingredients.