Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Not your typical muffin, but they pack in 5 grams of fiber per muffin and are low calorie/fat. Oh and they taste great too! For even more fiber add the wheat germ. I make double batches and freeze half of them for down the road. Scale recipe back to 12 if you only want to make 1 muffin tray of these.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 egg whites
- 29 ounces pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ (optional)
- Mix Flour, oat bran, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mix.
- Add to the dry mix: Egg whites, pumpkin, and applesauce; stir until moistened.
- Stir in chopped nuts and raisins.
- Spray muffin tray with cooking spray and pour in batter.
- Cook muffins 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- This recipe can be converted to a loaf if you want, use a loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
So glad I only made a half a batch. I followed the ingredients and instructions exactly and ended up with a very stiff batter that had to be spooned into the muffin tin. There is no oven temp listed, so I baked for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. The texture and taste are not good. A waste of time and ingredients.