Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
This soup is so good and comforting. I doesn't really taste like pumpkin. It has just the right amount of sweetness. You can use evaporated milk instead of the cream.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (or 1/2 tsp allspice)
- 3 -4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- parsley (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Sautée the onions and mushrooms in the butter until soft.
- Sprinkle on the flour and stir.
- Add the honey,salt, pepper, curry and nutmeg.
- Gradually stir in broth and pumpkin. Simmer for 25-35 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and heat through, don't boil.
- Taste and reseason!
- Garnish with sourcream and parsley.
Good and comforting soup. I used heavy cream instead of whipping cream and I also added some cinnamon to make it a touch sweeter. Thanks!
Very good and different soup. I subsituted molasses for the honey, and also used half cream and half milk. Thanks for sharing!