Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sounds like an odd combination, but the marriage of pumpkin and mushroom seems to work well..... one of my favourites.
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup mushroom (i used button mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 cups stock (i use miso paste and water)
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- salt and pepper
- - sweat off the chopped onions and garlic
- - add the chopped pumpkin and sliced mushrooms with the stock and then add the fennel seeds and season to taste.
- - i left this to simmer for about 45 minutes and then blended it, and re- seasoning if needed.