Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These muffins are perfect for a gift for a teacher or neighbor. Just throw them in a basket and you have a wonderful thank you.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2⁄3 cup water (add last)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 (10 ounce) bagof chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together adding water last.
- You can make loaves or muffins.
- I then mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle (cover completely) on top of muffin and then add pecans and sprinkle with more cinn-sugar mixture lightly before I bake.
- Bake for about 25 min or until done.
We loved these muffins for breakfast! They are so good!
I gave this a 4 star rating yesterday, but I am going to rerate it and give it 5 stars!! The longer they sat, the better they got! EVERYONE loves them!! I will still point out that you don't need 2 c. of the cinnamon/sugar mixture...even tho this makes a huge batch of muffins...also I thought maybe the picture looked like it had powdered sugar for a topping instead of granulated sugar. No matter...these are a keeper!! Thanks for a great fall recipe!