1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Muffins With Ginger and Spice!
Fall is a great time to start up those ovens and bake these muffins! Nice warming comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely minced crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup minced walnuts
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- 2Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is very fluffy.
- 3Add the egg and mix on low speed to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and grated ginger root and mix again.
- 4Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice together.
- 5Fold in half of the flour mixture. Stir in the buttermilk. Fold in the remaining flour mixture and the crystallized ginger. The batter should be smooth, but be careful to not overmix.
- 6Fill the prepared tins halfway with the batter. Top with chopped nuts.
- 7Bake until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 8Transfer the muffin tins to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before removing the muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Muffins With Ginger and Spice!
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 146.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: