Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in one of my mom's magazines and thought how great it would be to make a GF muffin recipe for my church class. I love the idea of a crumb topping on a pumpkin muffin too. I hope you enjoy. Based on what I've read if you want to use general all purpose flour it should be an equal swap between GF baking flour to all-purpose flour.
- 1 3⁄4 cups gluten-free all purpose baking flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free all purpose baking flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- MUFFINS: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray or use muffin liners and fill each three-fourths full with batter.
- CRUMBLE TOPPING: Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar and pie spice. Cut in the shortening until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble topping over each muffin batter.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick test passes clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely or you may serve warm.
These were very good! Moist and light and I love the topping! Made for a bake sale at DS school but had to "test" a couple to make sure they were good. Will be making again! Made for Everyday Holiday-Halloween Tag.
I haven't been in the habit of doing gluten-free recipes, but did this one as given, since I had very recently mixed up a batch of that special flour to use in some other recipes! Loved your pumpkin muffins as made per your recipe, but will admit that I did add some dark raisins to half of 'em! Great either way, but since I am a big raisin fan . . . Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
Very nice muffins! Loved the crumble topping. So nice to find recipes that are written to be gluten free. Thanks for posting this Hokies! Made for 1~2~3 Hits.