Recipe by diner524
I wanted a muffin that included cream cheese, all in one muffin, that I could make and then freeze so I came up with this recipe. Easy to make and freeze, then take out in the morning before getting ready to allow to defrost. You could also wrap in foil and pop it/them in the oven to warm up or in the microwave (wrapped in papertowel) on defrost level. Note: If you want the cream cheese to have a sweeter flavor, add 1/4 cup sugar to softened cream cheese.
Top Review by MarraMamba
wonderful alternative to pumpkin pie, really enjoyed the cream cheese center. I added a little sugar t the cream cheese to pretend it was a carrotcake/cream cheese icing in the middle type of muffin lol
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (not the pie filling)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Take the cream cheese and roll into a log. Then wrap in the foil it came in and freeze while you assemble the rest of the ingredients for the muffins.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients(except cream cheese and pecans) to the above mixture and mix well. Pour into greased or paper lined cupcake pan to fill about 1/2 way full.
- Take the cream cheese out of the freezer and slice into 12 equal portions. Place a slice into each cupcake and press down under the batter. Sprinkle each cupcake with chopped pecans (if using).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Allow to completely cool before freezing.