It's rich enough but not too sweet and heavy like store bought pumpkin muffins. Molasses and orange juice make these muffins so tasty! (This picture was taken when I baked 12 jumbo sized muffins using the ingredients for 24 regular size muffins.)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- pumpkin seeds (optional) or walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In separate large bowl, beat eggs, add sugar and mix well. Add pumpkin puree, oil, molasses and orange juice. Mix until smooth.
- Fold dry mixture into large bowl. Do not over mix.
- Cut cream cheese bar into 24 pieces. (Keeping cream cheese in freezer while you prepare makes it easier to slice.).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Stick cream cheese into the center.
- Sprinkle nuts on top (optional).
- Bake about 25 minutes.