Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are moist, spicy, filling muffins. They're full of good for you ingredients too! Great for breakfast or a lunch box treat. Makes 24 regular sized muffins or 48 mini muffins.
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml old fashioned oats
- 59.14 ml oat bran
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 118.29 ml canola oil (or melted butter, yum!)
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml date sugar (sucanat or brown sugar can be used in place of the date sugar but will make the muffins slightly swe)
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans (or nut of choice) (optional)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tins with papers. I usually give a light mist of nonstick spray inside the papers.
- Combine all dry ingredients (1st 10) in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients and sugar in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Mix nuts into wet ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients onto wet ingredients and gently fold together until just moistened. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes (regular size muffins).
- Bake for 15 minutes (mini muffins).
- While muffins are baking prepare glaze:.
- Melt butter.
- Whisk in cinnamon, vanilla and confectioners sugar.
- Whisk in milk.
- Set aside.
- Remove muffins from oven and spoon on glaze.
- As the glaze melts, spread over tops of muffins.
- Let cool.