Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Living with Irritable Bowel Syndrome can really put a damper on your meals so I try to find interesting things to do as much as possible. These muffins have been adapted for the IBS diet, so think low fat! Original recipe was from www.helpforibs.com, I tweaked it just a bit. I used Demerera Sugar, but any brown sugar will do. Keep these muffins in the fridge or the freezer, the low fat content means they will go stale quite quickly.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup demerara sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ginger marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a non stick muffin tin with cooking spray, line tin with muffin liners.
- Combine milk(or milk substitute) with vinegar so it curdles.
- Sift and combine the dry ingredients in mixer or by hand with a wire whisk and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl with a wire whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until it just comes together.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins to the top of the cup.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes on a wire rack, remove from tin and let cool completely on wire rack.