- 1 cup unbleached flour, Sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canned milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Cream together shortening and sugar in mixing bowl until ight and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine pumpkin and milk in small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with pumpkin mixture to creamed mixture, stirring well after each addition.
- Spoon pagger into paper-lined 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
- Bake in 350 degree F. oven 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and homemade jam.