Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I will post an intro after I make it.
Make and share this Pumpkin Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Cream together shortening and sugar in mixing bowl until ight and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine pumpkin and milk in small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with pumpkin mixture to creamed mixture, stirring well after each addition.
- Spoon pagger into paper-lined 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
- Bake in 350 degree F. oven 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and homemade jam.
Yummmy! Made these this morning, did double the recipe and made 12 muffins. Instead of shortening, I substituted butter, steamed butternut squash instead of pumpkin and used cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ginger as spices to taste. These muffins were so flavorful~will be making again! Thank you for sharing
We just LOVED these muffins. I too used applesauce instead of the oil, FF buttermilk instead of the canned milk, and Splenda instead of the sugar. DELICIOUS and airy muffins. I made 24 mini-muffins and baked for 11 minutes ~ they were perfect! Made for PAC Spring 2009!
These were moist and all right. Made for HW party at school tomarro. I had to use more cinamon in the mix for our liking. Nice smaller loaf.