Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- Blend together the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Mix the dry ingredients (milk through flour) together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture.
- Add the raisins and carrots.
- Pour into 12 muffins tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
These were totally delish! I used fresh pumpkin that I had nuked first in the microwave and then mashed, real sugar and powdered soy milk since I wanted these to be non-dairy. I had two (okay, four) for breakfast, and took two (okay, three) into the office for lunch. I figure this is more of a vegetable than a cake. Who am I kidding, it's cake, but I'll just keep thinking vegetable and that way I can have my cake and eat it too, all day!
These muffins were very good, served them warm for breakfast. I like the idea of powdered milk and splenda, although I only used about half of the splenda. The pumpkin and spices came through very nicely. I froze the left overs so we will enjoy them later in the week. Thanks for sharing a good one Shari2.
This is a very good low fat recipe. My family loved the muffins.