Recipe by Steve P.
Have not tried this recipe. I'm posting it for a request for someone who needs to use up a small amount of leftover pumpkin. This recipe looks simple quick and easy and uses only 1/2 cup of pumpkin.
Top Review by rickie
Hey 1Steve ~~ made these this morning. Having a recipe for just 1/2 c. pumpkin is great, cause I always seem to have a bit left from various recipes. They are great! I added a dash of cloves.. but think next time I will add a bit more cinnamon. I baked them in Madellin pans, and got 15 little pumpkin 'cakes'. I dusted them with icing sugar and they looked decorative and tasted yummy. :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg slightly.
- Combine egg, milk, pumpkin, and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture all at once and stir until they are combined.
- Batter should be lumpy.
- Fold in raisins.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Note: Thanks to a recent review by Kasha, please note that this recipe does not work well with paper cups as it may stick to them.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 400º degrees.