Recipe by galexa
Great for a breakfast or dessert! Serve warm with whipped cream cheese for a decadent treat. If you don't have pumpkin-pie spice on-hand, this is the recipe: 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice. I always add raisins to my muffins, but walnuts are good too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put muffin liners in muffin pan.
- Combine (sift) flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin-pie spice, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk flour mixture into sugar/pumpkin mixture until just combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Stir together cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in another bowl.
- Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about 3/4 full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and wooden toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Cool to warm or room temperature.