Recipe by HeatherFeather
These are really good, with molasses and raisins in them. I originally got the recipe from a cookbook one of the QVC hosts put out, "More Family Favorites" by Mary Beth Roe.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Great muffins! My family enjoyed these very much. I think next time I may decrease the molasses a touch and maybe add just a little more sugar. I enjoyed this different take on pumpkin muffins. Thanks so much!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or sub mini chocolate chips)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- powdered sugar, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add raisins, egg, milk, pumpkin,butter, and molasses, mixing just enough to moisten the ingredients.
- Pour into 12 greased or lined muffin tins and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean.
- While still hot, sprinkle with powdered sugar.