Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are moist pumpkin muffins, with spices and pecans or raisins.
Make and share this Pumpkin Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 425.24-453.59 g can pumpkin puree
- 78.07 ml butter
- 118.29 ml evaporated milk or 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29-177.44 ml chopped pecans or 118.29-177.44 ml raisins
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir to blend.
- In separate bowl, combine pumpkin, melted butter, milk or half-and-half, the beaten eggs, sugas and vanilla; mix until blended.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fold in pecan or raisins.
- DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease well and dust with flour. Fill the tins about 3/4 full with the pumpkin muffin batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Bake 375.
i'm making these for an end-of-soccer-season party for my 6 year old, so i skipped the nuts. Sorta cheated with Libby's Pumpkin Pie pumpkin mix. Came out really soft and moist. Personally, I think the nuts do not complement the velvety texture of this recipe. I added 2 tsp grated ginger to give it an extra kick; it really works.
Very flavorful and moist! I used whole wheat pastry flour. Also used brown sugar, but subbed Splenda for granulated sugar, and egg whites for eggs. Worked fine! Made for Fall 2008 PAC.