Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are moist pumpkin muffins, with spices and pecans or raisins.
Make and share this Pumpkin Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raisins
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir to blend.
- In separate bowl, combine pumpkin, melted butter, milk or half-and-half, the beaten eggs, sugas and vanilla; mix until blended.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fold in pecan or raisins.
- DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease well and dust with flour. Fill the tins about 3/4 full with the pumpkin muffin batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired.
- Bake 375.
i'm making these for an end-of-soccer-season party for my 6 year old, so i skipped the nuts. Sorta cheated with Libby's Pumpkin Pie pumpkin mix. Came out really soft and moist. Personally, I think the nuts do not complement the velvety texture of this recipe. I added 2 tsp grated ginger to give it an extra kick; it really works.
Very flavorful and moist! I used whole wheat pastry flour. Also used brown sugar, but subbed Splenda for granulated sugar, and egg whites for eggs. Worked fine! Made for Fall 2008 PAC.