Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (a combo of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven toe 350°F; put liners in muffin cups.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin-pie spice, 1.25 cups sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until smooth, then whisk in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir together cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in another bowl.
- Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about 3/4 full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake until puffed and golden brown and a wooden pick or skewer inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes, then transfer muffins from pan to rack and cool to warm or room temperature.