Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Mmmmm pumpkin. These are great because they don't use much oil, and because they remind me of pumpkin pie.
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together oil and sugar.
- Add pumpkin, applesauce and spices.
- Mix well, add flour and baking soda.
- Fill muffin tins, bake for about 25 minutes. The muffins don't rise much, so don't worry too much about filling the tins too high. They should come out light and fluffy.
We made mini muffins out of this recipe as I was worried they would be too dense. We added some chocolate chips and 3 tsp of pumpkin pie spice rather then all the spices listed. It could have used more spice and/or pumpkin, but overall delicious. Got 48 mini muffins out of the recipe!
This was fast, easy and the kids liked it. My child said it should have been called "pumpkin and SPICE muffins" because the spices were strong (as we like it)
These were very easy to make & turned out well. Made 12 "regular" sized muffins. We thought they were a bit "clove-y" - I'll cut back the amount of clove I use in the future.