Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little different, in that these contain both buttermilk and molasses. From Cooking Light November 2006
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in raisins; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine brown sugar, canned pumpkin, buttermilk, canola oil, molasses, vanilla extract, and eggs, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add sugar mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately; cool on a wire rack.
What a gem~these muffins are amazing!!! Perfect texture and I love the subtle flavor of the molasses. Followed recipe other than substituting chopped walnuts for raisins. Will be making these again and again. Thank you for sharing!
These are fabulous! I left out the raisins, and used coconut instead of the buttermilk. These are much more interesting than your standard pumpkin muffin.