Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
We enjoyed these muffins which I adapted from Bon Appetit (December 2005)
Make and share this Pumpkin Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum molasses (or mild molasses)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup sour milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with paper lines or spray with Pam.
- In a bowl sift together flour, ginger, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using electric mixers, beat sugar with oil to blend. Beat in eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin, molasses, and buttermilk.
- Stir in flour and raisins.
- Pour batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
These are a nice basic muffin. I used pumpkin pie spice for the ground ginger and as usual was able to sub Splenda for 1/2 the sugar. I reduced the recipe by half and got 12 well rounded muffins. The only thing I might add next time around would be some chopped nuts.