4 hrs 50 mins
A wonderful alternative to pumpkin pie. It tastes like the lightest pumpkin pie ever!!! I found the recipe in the Houston Chronicle. I'm not much on pumpkin pie but this is the best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 lbs softened cream cheese
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2CRUST: Mix the cookie crumbs and butter until crumbs are moistened. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan. Freeze, uncovered, until filling is ready.
- 3FILLING: Stir together pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon , ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice until just combined. Set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-high for three minutes. Add the brown sugar and beat for two minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the pumpkin mixture; mix on low until incorporated.
- 5Pour the batter over the crust, smoothing it out to touch the sides of the pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the cheesecake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan but is still loose in the center.
- 6Cool on a wire rack for two hours. Refrigerate for at least two house before decorating or serving.
- 7TOPPING: In a small bowl, blend together sugar and cinnamon. Usisng a fine-meshed sieve, dust mixture over top of cooled cheesecake.
- 8For additional garnishes, pipe whipped cream around the edge and serve with whole gingersnaps.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Mousse Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.1
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 163.8 mg
- Sodium 281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: