Recipe by mccarroll
A wonderful alternative to pumpkin pie. It tastes like the lightest pumpkin pie ever!!! I found the recipe in the Houston Chronicle. I'm not much on pumpkin pie but this is the best!
Top Review by nferrari27
This is the most amazing recipe and easy to prepare. I broke my ginger snaps in half and ground them in a mini food processor. Followed the recipe exactly as written. My cheesecake took closer to the 50 minutes to bake. Next day, tasted even better than the first day!! This one is a keeper!
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 lbs softened cream cheese
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- CRUST: Mix the cookie crumbs and butter until crumbs are moistened. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan. Freeze, uncovered, until filling is ready.
- FILLING: Stir together pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon , ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice until just combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-high for three minutes. Add the brown sugar and beat for two minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the pumpkin mixture; mix on low until incorporated.
- Pour the batter over the crust, smoothing it out to touch the sides of the pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the cheesecake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan but is still loose in the center.
- Cool on a wire rack for two hours. Refrigerate for at least two house before decorating or serving.
- TOPPING: In a small bowl, blend together sugar and cinnamon. Usisng a fine-meshed sieve, dust mixture over top of cooled cheesecake.
- For additional garnishes, pipe whipped cream around the edge and serve with whole gingersnaps.