Recipe by Queen Dana
Published in Taste of Home Cooking School Fall 2009. See http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Pumpkin-Mousse-4. Rich and creamy, this mousse is a real showstopper when served in a hollowed-out pumpkin. The presentation is sure to impress. —Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1 medium pie pumpkin (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla or 1⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut top off pumpkin; scoop out and discard seeds. In small bowl, combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle inside of pumpkin. Replace pumpkin top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, microwave vanilla chips with milk at 70% power; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, orange peel, reserved melted chips and remaining cinnamon. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into pie pumpkin.
- Refrigerate leftovers.