Recipe by Audrey M
A perfect holiday dessert. Got this recipe off the internet and have enjoyed it for the past two years.
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix milk and gelatin in 2 quart microwave-safe bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, brown sugar, egg yolks and cinnamon.
- Beat until smooth.
- Microwave 5 1/2 to 6 minutes until mixture begins to boil, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate until thickened and cooled.
- Separately, beat egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually add 2 Tbsp sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1 cup whipped topping into pumpkin mixture.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Spoon into 8 dessert dishes; chill.
- Garnish with the remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg.