Recipe by Cook4_6
I have not had this, but my thought is to top my chocolate cheesecake with a dollop of pumpkin mousse on Thanksgiving. This is from Food Network
Top Review by mliss29
This was really good! I had just enough stuff on hand for half a batch. (Except for ginger snaps) But only the 3yo and I were interested in it. So I put the rest in the fridge. It loses something straight out of the fridge (and it gains the icky feeling of eating cold butter), but for the last helping I let it warm up just a bit and it was great again. Reviewed for Newest Zaar Tag 08A.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ginger snaps, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pumpkin, 1 cup cream, sugar and spice in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cool fully.
- Whip remaining heavy cream and vanilla to soft peaks and fold into cooled pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into a serving dish and crumble the ginger snaps over top before serving.