1 hr 15 mins
Lightly Toasted's Note:
Delicious with a cup of tea or coffee. A co-worker brought this bread to work and I begged her for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (plain pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice (or orange juice)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped (may substitute raisins)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine molasses, sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, pumpkin and apple juice with an electric mixer.
- 5Add dry ingredients.
- 6Fold in cranberries or raisins.
- 7Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- 8Bake until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 9Let bread sit for about 10 minutes, then turn the bread out of the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Molasses Bread
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 285.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g