Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this right around the holidays--it's one of my favorite mochi flavors!
- 29 ounces solid-pack pumpkin
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 lb mochiko sweet rice flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into a well-greased 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°.
- Check for doneness.
- Cool completely and let sit 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut with a plastic knife in small pieces, each about 1/2x2 1/4 inches.
This was an interesting recipe. It came out more like a really dense pumpkin cake than traditional mochi . It was good, but I think next time I'll reduce the sugar because I thought it was too sweet-- the sweetened condensed milk adds enough sugar that 2 cups is a tad excessive. I left out the extra cinnamon and just used the pumpkin pie spice called for, and the spicing was perfect. Using a whole gigantor can of pumpkin did lead it to have an insanely bright orange hue, which was cool!